Dr. Frank White
Kansas State University
4024 Throckmorton PSC
1712 Claflin Road
Manhattan, KS 66506
Biography & Education
- Emeritus Faculty, Plant Pathology, Kansas State University
- Adjunct, KSU Horticulture, Forestry, Recreational Resources
- Fellow, American Phytopathological Society
- Recipient of The Higuchi-Endowment Association Research Achievement Award 2014, University of Kansas
- Ph.D. Microbiol/Immunology, University of Washington, 1981
- M.S. Microbiol/Immunology, University of Washington, 1978
- B.S. Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin, 1974
- Zhou J, Peng A, Long J, Sosso D, Liu B, Eom J-S, Huang S, Liu S, Vera Cruz C, Frommer WB, White FF, and B Yang. 2015. Gene targeting by the TAL effector PthXo2 reveals cryptic resistance gene for bacterial blight of rice. Plant Journal 82:632-43.
- Tian D, Wang J, Zeng X, Gu K, Qiu C, Yang X, Zhou Z, Goh M, Luo Y, Murata-Hori M, White FF, Yin Z. 2014. The rice TAL effector-dependent resistance protein XA10 triggers cell death and calcium depletion in the endoplasmic reticulum. Plant Cell 26:497-515.
- Hu Y, Zhang J, Jia H, Sosso D, Li T, Frommer WB, Yang B, White FF, Wang N, Jones JB. 2014. Lateral organ boundaries 1 is a disease susceptibility gene for citrus bacterial canker disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 111:E521-9.
- Cernadas RA, Doyle EL, Niño-Liu DO, Wilkins KE, Bancroft T, Wang L, Schmidt CL, Caldo R, Yang B, White FF, Nettleton D, Wise RP, Bogdanove AJ. 2014. Code-assisted discovery of TAL effector targets in bacterial leaf streak of rice reveals contrast with bacterial blight and a novel susceptibility gene. PLoS Pathog. 10:e1003972.
- Chen, L-Q, Hou, B-H,1, Lalonde, S, Takanaga, H, Hartung, M, Qu, X-Q, Guo, W-J, Kim, J-G, Underwood, W, Chaudhuri, B, Cherma, D, Antony, G, White, FF, Somerville,S, Mudgett, MB, and Frommer, WB. 2010. Sugar transporters for intercellular exchange and nutrition of pathogens. Nature 468:527-532
- Antony G, J Zhou, S Huang, T Li, B Liu, F White and B Yang. 2010. xa13 recessive resistance to bacterial blight is defeated by the induction of disease susceptibility gene Os-11N3. Plant Cell 22: 3864–38764.
- Pathogen/pest/plant interactions.
- Plant and Microbe genome analysis. Transcription profiling.
- Plant disease resistance and susceptibility.