Plant Pathology Research
In addition to conducting research aimed at controlling diseases of Kansas crops, departmental faculty are recognized for their pioneering research on mechanisms of host plant resistance, pathogen biology, ecology and evolution, and the molecular biology host-pathogen interactions. The Department also houses several facilities and cross-cutting interdisciplinary programs that serve a wider clientele on and off-campus, nationally and internationally.
There are faculty within the department who focus on various Thematic Areas. Many faculty have research programs that focus on one or more specific Kansas crop. Some focus their research on specific classes of pathogens .
Plant Pathology Research Areas
Please click on the section header below to access more information on a particular research area.Faculty Research Pages:
- Select an individual Plant Pathology faculty member to view their research information: Visit our Faculty Research Pages and click on the desired faculty member's name to access information.
- Applied Plant Pathology and Microbiology
- Disease Diagnosis and Management
- Disease Resistance Genetics, Genomics and Biotechnology
- Epidemiology, Modeling and Microbial Ecology
- Pathogen and Microbe Genetics, Genomics and Biotechnology
- Plant-Microbe Interactions
- Turf and Horticultural Plants