Publications - Trees, Shrubs & Ornamentals
Trees, shrubs, and ornamentals are affected by a wide array of disease problems. For information about plants or diseases not covered on this page, please contact Megan Kennelly. At the bottom of the page, there is a list of specific diseases, by host plant species.
Trees and shrubs - general publications:
This is a comprehensive guide to the most common tree and shrub problems. It is available as a pdf at the above link, or printed copies can be ordered from the K-State Extension Bookstore by calling 785-532-5830 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. 79 pages
This is a comprehensive, detailed text that discusses tree diseases that are common in our region. It was written by a team of authors across the region, including KSU faculty. 229 pages.
- Overview of anthracnose diseases, including:
- anthracnose on ash, maple, walnut, oak, and sycamore
- Marssonina leaf spot of cottonwood and elm black spot
- This publication covers cedar apple rusts, Botrysophaeria canker,Seiridium canker, Kabatina tip blight, Phomopsis tip blight, Cercospora needle blight, and root diseases
- Pine tip blight
- Dothistroma needle blight
- pine wilt
Specific diseases, listed alphabetically by plant affected
♦ Eastern Red Cedar(see Juniper)
♦ Rose: Rose Rosette Disease