Dr. Karen Garrett
- Ph.D. Botany & Plant Pathology, Oregon State University, 2000
- M.S. Statistics, Colorado State University, 1992
- M.S. Plant Pathology & Weed Science, Colorado State University, 1991
- B.S. International Agronomy, Purdue University, 1985
- Sparks, A.H., G.A. Forbes, R.J., Hijmans, and K.A. Garrett. 2011. A metamodeling framework for extending the application domain of process-based ecological models. Ecosphere 2:art90
- Rouse, M.N., A.A. Saleh, A. Seck, K.H. Keeler, S.E. travers, S.H. Hulbert and K.A. Garrett. 2011. Genomic and resistance gene homolog diversity of the dominant tallgrass prairie species across the U.S. Great Plains precipitation gradient. PLoS ONE 6:e17641
- Saleh, A.A., H.U. Ahmed, T.C. Todd, S.E. travers, K.A. Zeller, J.F. Leslie and K.A. Garrett. 2010. Relatedness of Macrophomina phaseolina isolates from tallgrass prairie, maize, soybean and sorghum. Molecular Ecology 19:79-91.
- Cox, C.M., Garrett, K.A., Cox, T.S., Bockus, W.W., and Peters, T. 2005. Reactions of perennial grain accessions to four major cereal pathogens of the Great Plains. Plant Disease 89:1235-1240.
- Cox, C.M., Garrett, K.A. and Bockus, W.W. 2005. Meeting the challenge of disease management in perennial grain systems. Renewable Agriculture and Food Systems 20:15-24.
- Al-Naimi, F.A., Garrett, K.A. and Bockus, W.W. 2005. Competition, facilitation and niche differentiation in two foliar pathogens. Oecologia 143:449-457
- Jiang, J., Garrett, K.A., Peterson, D.E., Harvey, T.L., Bowden, R.L. and Fang, L. 2005. The window of risk for emigration of Wheat streak mosaic virus varies with host eradication method. Plant Disease 89:853-858.
- Garrett, K.A., Dendy, S.P., Power, A.G., Blaisdell, G.K., Alexander, H.A. and McCarron, J.K. 2004. Barley yellow dwarf disease in natural populations of dominant tallgrass prairie species in Kansas. Plant Disease 88:574.
- Garrett, K.A., Kabbage, M. and Bockus, W.W. 2004. Managing for fine-scale differences in inoculum load: Seeding patterns to minimize wheat yield loss to take-all. Precision Agriculture 5:291-301.
- Cox, C.M., Garrett, K.A., Bowden, R.L., Fritz, A.K., Dendy, S.P. and Heer, W.F. 2004. Cultivar mixtures for the simultaneous management of multiple diseases: Tan spot and leaf rust of wheat. Phytopathology 94:961-969.
- Garrett, K.A., Kabbage, M. and Bockus, W.W. 2004. Managing for fine-scale differences in inoculum load: Seeding patterns to minimize loss to wheat take-all. Precision Agriculture 5:291-301.
- Garrett, K.A., Madden, L.V., Hughes, G., and Pfender, W. 2004. New applications of statistical tools in plant pathology. Phytopathology 94:999-1003.
- Ortiz, O., Garrett, K.A., Heath, J.J., Orrego, R., and Nelson, R.J. 2004. Management of potato late blight in the Andean highlands: Evaluating the benefits of Farmer Participatory Research and Farmer Field Schools. Plant Disease 88:565-571.
- Rosenberg, M.S., Garrett, K.A., Su, Z. and Bowden, R.L. 2004. Meta-analysis in plant pathology for research synthesis. Phytopathology 94:1013-1017.
- Garrett, K.A. and Bowden, R.L. 2002. An Allee effect reduces the invasive potential of Tilletia indica. Phytopathology 92:1152-1159.
- Mundt, C.C., Cowger, C. and Garrett, K.A. 2002. Relevance of integrated disease management to resistance durability. Euphytica 124:245-252.
For a complete list of publications, see the Garrett Lab.
Plant disease ecology, ecological genomics, agricultural biodiversity and resistance gene deployment, disease in natural systems, statistical applications in biology, international agriculture.
Staff & Students
- John Hernandez Nopsa - Research Assiociate
- Ravin Poudel - Ph.D. student
- Bo Tong - M.S. Student