Dr. Jagger Harvey
- Matthew J Stasiewicz, Titilayo, D.O. Falade, Murithi Mutuma, Samuel K. Mutiga, Jagger J.W. Harvey., Glen Fox, Tom C. Pearson, James W. Muthomi and Rebecca J. Nelson. Multi-spectral Kernel Sorting to Reduce Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Kenyan Maize. 2017. Food Control 78 (August 2017) 203-214.
- S.K. Mutiga, F. Rotich, V. Devi Ganeshan, D.T. Mwongera, E.M. Mgonja, V.M. Were, Jagger W. Harvey, B. Zhou, L. Wasilwa, C. Feng, I Ouedraogo, G.L. Wang. T.K. Mitchell, N.J. Talbot and J.C. Correll. Assessment of the Virulence Spectrum and its Association with Genetic Diversity in Magnaporthe oryzae Populations from Sub-Saharan Africa. 2017. Phytopathology 107 (7) 852:863.
- Samuel K. Mutiga, Laura Morales, Samuel Angwenyi, James Wainaina, Jagger Harvey, Biswanath Das and Rebecca J. Nelson. Association Between Agronomic Traits and Aflatoxin Accumulation in Diverse Maize Lines Grown Under Two Soil Nitrogen Levels in Eastern enya. 2017. Field Crops Research 205:124-134.
- Fabian S. Manoza, Arnold A. Mushongi, Jagger Harvey, James Wainaina, Immaculate Wanjuki, Robert Ngeno, Ross Darnell, Benoit G.J. Gnonlonfin and Said M.S. Massomo. 2017. Potential of Using Host Plant Resistance, Nitrogen and Phosphorus Fertilizers for Reduction of Aspergillus flavus Colonization and Aflatoxin Accumulation in Maize in Tanzania. Crop Protection 93:98-105.
- Kizito Nishimwe, Immaculate Wanjuki, Charles Karangwa, Ross Darnell and Jagger Harvey. 2017. An Initial Characterization of Aflatoxin B1 Contamination of Maize Solk in the Principal Retail Markets of Kigali, Rwanda. Food Control 73(B):574-580.
Director of the Feed the Future Innovation Lab for the Reduction of Post-Harvest Loss, at Kansas State University. His work on addressing fungal toxin (mycotoxin) contamination of crops spans more than 15 years, from basic research in graduate school through to developing and leading a flagship international research for development program in East Africa. His recent work as an early member of the Biosciences eastern and central Africa-International Livestock Research Institute (BecA-ILRI) Hub in Nairobi, Kenya, included establishment of a mycotoxin capacity building and research platform which has hosted over one hundred African researchers and their international partners.
Now that he has joined the Innovation Lab, he is working with the team to ensure that their work is effectively translated into information, interventions and capacity to address mycotoxin contamination and other post-harvest loss issues in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guatemala, Afghanistan and beyond.