Dr. Harold Trick
- Ph.D. Biology, Florida State University, 1995
- M.A. Biology, State University of New York, 1989
- B.S. Biochemistry, State University of New York, 1985
- Fellers, J.P., Trick, H.N., Cruz, L., Rupp, J. 2013. Plant Germplasm Resistant to RNA Viruses. Patent Application Serial No. 14/494,661; Filed September 24, 2014; Docket No. 0146.12
- Trick, H.N., Fritz, A.K., Talukder, S. 2013. Expression of thermostable starch synthase genes improves the yield in heat stress. PCT Patent Application No. PCT/US14/50932; Filed August 13, 2014; Docket No. 45286-PCT.
- Scofield, S.R., Gillespie, M.E., Brandt, A.S., Trick, H.N. 2013. A Transgene Construct to Improve Fusarium Head Blight Resistance in Wheat and Barley. Patent Application Serial No. 14/163,248; Filed January 24, 2014.
- Chen Ming-Shen, Lui, Xuming and Trick, H.N. 2012. Mayetiola destructor susceptibility gene one (MDS-1) and its application in pest management, PCT Patent Application PCT/US2012/020631; Filed January 9, 2012.
- Trick, H.N., Li, J., Todd, T.C. 2010. Enhancement of non-endogenous siRNA molecules using host-delivered RNAi strategy. International Application No. PCT/US2010/056358; Filed November 11, 2010.
- Trick, H.N., Roe, J.L., Todd, T.C., Herman, M.A. 2010. Composition and methods for controlling plant parasitic nematodes. Issued September 28, 2010. U.S. Patent No. 7,803,984.
- Finer, J.J. and Trick, H.N. 1997. Method for transforming plant tissue by sonication. Issued December 2, 1997. U.S. Patent No. 5,693,512.
- Shubing Liu, Sunish K Sehgal, Meng Lin, Jiarui Li, Harold N. Trick, Bikram S Gill and Guihua Bai. 2015. Independent mis-splicing mutations in TaPHS1 causing loss of pre-harvest sprouting (PHS) resistance during wheat domestication. New PhytologistDomestication contributed to reduce seed dormancy in wheat. accepted to New Phytologist. 4/30/15
- Ragiba Makandar, Vamsi J. Nalam, Zulkarnain Chowdhury, Sujon Sarowar, Guy Klossner, Hyeonju Lee, Dehlia McAfee, Harold N. Trick, Enrico Gobbato, Jane E. Parker, and Jyoti Shah. 2015. The combined action of ENHANCED DISEASE SUSCEPTIBILITY1 and PHYTOALEXIN DEFICIENT4 and SENESCENCE-ASSOCIATED101 promotes salicylic acid-mediated defenses to limit Fusarium graminearum infection in Arabidopsis thaliana.Mol. Plant-Microbe Interact. April 27 [Epub ahead of print]; http://dx.doi.org/10.1094/MPMI-04-15-0079-R
- Vamsi J. Nalam, Syeda Alam, Jantana Keereetaweep, Barney Venables, Dehlia Burdan, Hyeonju Lee, Harold N. Trick, Sujon Sarowar, Ragiba Makandar, and Jyoti Shah. 2015. Facilitation of Fusarium graminearum infection by 9-lipoxygenases in Arabidopsis and wheat. Mol. Plant-Microbe Interact. Jun 15. [Epub ahead of print]; http://dx.doi.org/10.1094/MPMI-04-15-0096-R
- Cruz, Luisa F., Shoup Rupp, Jessica L., Trick,Harold N. and Fellers, John P. 2014 Stable Resistance to Wheat streak mosaic virus in Wheat Mediated by RNAi. In Vitro Cellular & Developmental Biology - Plant 50 (6): 665-67.
- Liu, X.M, Khajuria, C., Li, J., Trick, H.N., Li, Huang, Gill, B.S., Reeck, G.R., Antony, G., White, F.F., Chen, M.S. 2013. Wheat Mds-1 encodes a heat-shock protein and governs susceptibility towards the Hessian fly gall midge. Nature Communication 4: 2070. http://www.nature.com/ncomms/2013/130624/ncomms3070/full/ncomms3070.html.
- Saintenac, Cyrille, Zhang, Wenjun, Salcedo, Andres, Rouse, Matt, Trick, Harold N., Akhunov, Eduard, Dubcovsky, Jorge. 2013. Identification of wheat gene Sr35 that confers resistance to Ug99 stem rust race group. Science: 341(6147): 783-786.
- Liu, Shubing, Sehgal, Sunish K., Li, Jiarui, Lin, Meng, Trick,Harold N., Yu, Jianming, Gill, Bikram S. and Bai, Guihua. 2013. Cloning and Characterization of a TaMFT-Like Gene for Pre-harvest Sprouting Resistance in Wheat. Genetics 195: 263-273.
Plant molecular biology and genetic enhancement of crop plants; develops and uses efficient transformation procedures to increase resistance/tolerance to biotic and abiotic stresses introduce value-added traits. Emphases on soybean and wheat biotechnology.
Staff & Students
- Hyeonju Lee - Research Assistant
- Neerja Tyagi - Research Assistant
- Bin Tian - Research Assistant Professor
- Jordan Brungardt - Graduate Research Assistant
- Jinguang Lin - Graduate Research Assistant
- Monica Navia - Graduate Research Assistant
- AGRON/PLPTH 610: Biotechnology